A lot of people talk about improving the educational system in the United States, but at Netchemia we don’t
just talk about it. We make it happen.
What can we say? We were the type of students that sat in the front of the class, raised our hands with questions (and answers!) and always brought an apple for our teacher.
Now, we may not be in school anymore, but the learning hasn’t stopped.
When we started in 2001, we were just a bunch of fresh-faced entrepreneurs excited about the impact we were going to make in the business world. Little did we know that a year later we would find ourselves in a school auditorium in Topeka, Kansas being applauded by 300 educators. Our first education project, netIEP, allowed school administrators to bring their special education forms and daily processes online while staying compliant with IEPs. At that moment, we learned that education was where we could make a true impact. Gold stars for us!
Not so fast, we were not done yet! After several years of working with districts across the country and learning
about the challenges of education, we realized that for too long the focus has mostly been on the student-side
of learning. We believe that schools can dramatically impact student achievement if they recruit, hire, develop
and retain the best teachers and school leaders.
From this realization, we developed intuitive cloud-based Talent management software for K-12 TalentEd Recruit & Hire (Applicant Tracking and Hiring) and TalentEd Perform (Performance Evaluation). Now districts large and small can
work smart and improve the quality of the talent at their schools.
Our nine years as a software company has given us the experience to help school districts achieve improved educational results. We couldn’t have done it without learning a few invaluable lessons along the way:
- A lot is lost within stacks of paper – When it comes to hiring top-notch talent or tracking an employee’s performance, our educational institutions deserve better than reams of papers and file cabinets stuffed with applications and years of appraisals.
- It’s all about listening – We listen, but more importantly we are responsive to our clients’ questions and needs. We don’t just provide clients with software, we work with them collaboratively to accomplish their goals.
- A+ customer experience is the only way to go – From the first encounter to the implementation of the system our goal is to provide a professional and courteous experience to every client.
- It pays to be different – Netchemians are different. Okay, we’re not exactly “teacher’s pet” material, but we often hear our customers say that they personally like us. Maybe that’s why we serve over 1000 school districts in over 40 states with nearly a 100% retention rate.
Our energetic, customer-focused company fosters an open, innovative working environment where ideas
and solutions flow. Our values make it happen:
- Take initiative and deliver exceptional results
- Act with integrity while holding ourselves and others accountable
- Embrace the Entrepreneurial experience – hustle, be resourceful, solve problems, learn from
- Engage in constructive conflict about ideas, but fully commit to group decisions
- Place company and team over self
- Be passionate about our work and lifelong learning